How to connect mysql through dreamweaver?
First you have to create a database and add a privileged user to it from your cPanel -> MySQL Databases. Then you should allow your IP address to access your MySQL databases remotely. You can see your IP address at: http://www.whatismyipaddress.com/.
- Once you have created your database and added a user to it, you should connect to the remote server where your website and database are located. Then you can continue with setting your connection to the MySQL database.
- Select Window >> Database to open up Database property window.
- Click on “+” sign and choose MySQL Connection. A new window will pop up – here you should enter the MySQL username, password and database, as well as the MySQL server.
- In the first field type a name for the connection. In the “MySQL server” field type localhost. Then enter the MySQL username and password details and the database name as shown in the example. Click OK to connect to your database.
- If you have entered all details correctly, you should be able to see your connection listed in the Databases tab: